How To Measure
Please carefully read and follow these instructions to ensure correct sizing and fit. Then click the link below to order your swimsuit!
- Our sizes do not compare with store sizing so it's important that you read and follow all measuring instructions.
- If your measurements do not match our size chart closely you may want to consider a custom made suit
- Leggings and shorts are designed to fit 1-2 inches less than your measurements in the hip and thigh areas so they are snug while swimming.
- We recommend you choose a "snug fit" for the Anna Maria top
- Please contact us with any sizing questions or if you need help choosing a fit
Types of fit:
- 1 Fitted fit: your current bust and waist are exactly in line with our size chart, the hip measurement is designed to fit slightly looser by 1-2". Most customers prefer a fitted fit.
- 2 Loose fit: your current measurements fall below our size chart by 1-2".
- 3 Snug fit: your current measurements are 1-2" smaller than our size chart.
Measure the circumference of your chest. Place one end of the tape measure at the fullest part of your bust, wrap it around (under your armpits, around your shoulder blades, and back to the front).
Measure the circumference of your waist. Use the tape to circle your waist (sort of like a belt would) at your natural waistline, which is located above your belly button and below your rib cage. (If you bend to the side, the crease that forms is your natural waistline.) Don’t suck in your stomach, or you’ll get a false measurement. If you generally wear your clothes below your waist, take that measurement as well.
Measure the circumference of your hips. Start at one hip and wrap the tape measure around your rear, around the other hip, and back to where you started. Make sure the tape is over the largest part of your buttocks. Because making sure the tape is level back there can be hard, try to do it in front of a mirror.
Overall Top Length
Measure from the top of your shoulder to where you would like the hem. Hold the tape at your shoulder and let it fall straight down your side (avoid the tape laying over your bust).
Anna Maria length is measured from underarm to hem.
Shoulder to Shoulder
Measure across the broadest part of your shoulders. This usually lands out roughly 1 to 2 inches (2.5 to 5 cm) below the neckline.
Shoulder to Waist
Measure from the top of your shoulder to your natural waistline (which is the smallest part of your waist.)
Measure from the uppermost inner part of your thigh to your calf (or where you want your leggings hem).
Starting at the uppermost inner part of your thigh (just like you measured your inseam) measure down 6 inches as shown with the red tape, then wrap the tape measure around your thigh as shown on the blue tape. The blue tape will be the circumference of your thigh.
Measure the circumference around your leg where you would like your leggings hem to be.
Measure around your arm where you would like your sleeve length (just as you measured your leg circumference).
Circumference of Rise
First, starting at the back hold the tape measure at the height you would like your waistband to be, bring the tape through your legs and back up the front as shown with the blue tape. Secondly measure the circumference around where you want your waistband as show with the red tape.
These measurements are critical for a skort, please continue below to learn skort measurements.
Center to Center Cup (bra inserts)
Measure from the center of your left cup to the center of your right cup (with your bra on)
Shoulder to center of cup (bra inserts)
Measure from the top of your shoulder to the center of the cup.
Starting at the shoulder measure down to where you would like your belt placed.
Skort Length & Inseam
Starting at where you want your waistband placed, measure down to where you would like the hem of your skirt. Please double check your shorts inseam and rise when ordering a skort. All three measurements are important to ensure your shorts hem is placed correctly.
EXAMPLE: The skort shown in the photo is intended to have the skirt 1" longer than the shorts. This is our standard skort/shorts hem.